Kontotronics Ltd recognises its responsibilities and concerns itself with both the long and short-term effect of its business in relation to the environment - both in terms of any substances used and in the handling of waste disposal.
Whilst the Company welcomes the introduction of legal measures, it appreciates that real progress on environmental issues can only be made through the action of individuals and companies: To this end the Company has accepted a positive policy to promote a practical day-to-day commitment to the environment.
In developing this policy the Company will contribute time and effort both in management and technical terms and be dedicated to the initial reduction and eventual elimination of significant pollution likely to emanate from the activities of these companies.
This will include a commitment:-
- Reduction of waste and the consumption of resources (materials, fuel and energy).
- Minimising the environmental effect of new developments through strategic planning.
- Specifying product that minimise environmental effect in production, use and disposal.
- Reduce or eliminate the production of polluting releases to the environment.
The Company will:
- Comply fully with all legal requirements at every location where it is employed.
- Encourage full participation and commitment from all employees by carrying out appropriate training.
- Ensure where legislation does not exist, that the Company set their own standards incorporating best industry practice in comparable activities.
The Company strongly believes that such action can only be effective when taken in unison with both suppliers and clients. Supplier companies will therefore be monitored on their environmental policies and procedures. Client organisations will be canvassed and advised about issues of relevance.
It is the responsibility of Management within the Company to regularly review practices and policy that have a direct effect upon the environment.